Mission & Principles
The Sumitomo Corporation Group’s Corporate Mission Statement, consisting of its Management Principles and Activity Guidelines, is the fundamental and ultimate value standard by which we operate.
The Management Principles are the redefinition of the original Sumitomo Business Philosophy which has been steadfast for over 400 years. The Activity Guidelines stipulate the required behavior of all officers and employees in exercising our Management Principles.
We aim to be a global organisation that constantly stays a step ahead in dealing with change, creates new value, and contributes broadly to society.
To achieve prosperity and realise dreams through sound business activities
To place prime importance on integrity and sound management with utmost respect for the individual
To foster a corporate culture full of vitality and conducive to innovation
- To act with honesty and sincerity on the basis of Sumitomo’s business philosophy, and in keeping with the Management Principles
- To comply with laws and regulations while maintaining the highest ethical standards
- To set high value on transparency and openness
- To attach great importance to protecting the global environment
- To contribute to society as a good corporate citizen
- To achieve teamwork and integrated corporate strength through active communication
- To set clear objectives and achieve them with enthusiasm